There are many efficiencies gained by using cloud services for small and mid-size businesses. It’s a great way to access solutions that would otherwise be too expensive or complex, and it can help your business adapt to change with greater agility, among other things.
In fact, cloud services are so common these days, you might use them without even thinking of the term “cloud”. Do you use an Internet-based email service like Exchange Online? Or a file sync and storage service such as OneDrive for Business? Of so, you’re already getting value from the cloud.
But there’s more to be gained. Beyond individual apps and services, you can use the cloud as a connected platform that can help you do more, grow faster, and focus on what you do best. It can enable you to exploit the agility and innovation that larger companies can’t match – while enabling you to take advantage of the same technology used by the biggest businesses.
To start your journey to a cloud platform, begin with your business challenges and goals. Instead of thinking about individual tools, think about the business outcomes you want to achieve and how a cloud platform could enable them. Here are a few examples to get you started.
- Connect with customers: Give your customers access to information, tools, and purchasing options they want and need on any device, market more effectively by analysing customer data, and find and track the best sales opportunities. By connecting the dots between all your customer activities, you gain an end-to-end view that helps you deliver products and services.
- Streamline business processes: Create business efficiency by simplifying workflows, whether it’s getting a proposal ready to send to a customer or managing compliance requirements. A cloud platform can keep everyone on the same page and provide options for automating things that used to get done by hand (or not at all). With file synchronisation and cross-device access, you can get to the end product more efficiently.
- Use data wisely: Big data isn’t just for big companies any more. A cloud platform can be the point of connection for diverse data sources, and the foundation for powerful analytics that deliver competitive insights. With cloud, scalable, high-quality, secure storage is affordable enough for any business, and vast computing resources can be engaged with just a few clicks
- Improve collaboration: Empower people to work together from anywhere, on any device, seamlessly moving from one communication mode to another. Enable them to share screens, have face-to-face calls, and use tools such as digital whiteboards and notebooks. Create team sites where people can share content easily and access it anywhere.With the cloud, you can bring people together for a greater impact.
- Manage mobility: By connecting mobile devices to cloud-based management services, you can make it easier to be protected against data loss, deliver apps and services, and maximise productivity for your mobile workers without putting your business at risk.
- Reduce IT complexity: If you’re running all your applications on separate servers, or have virtualized those applications but still have primarily physical servers on-premises, setting up your business cloud can be a great strategy for reducing the amount of time you spend managing IT. You can accelerate the benefits by choosing a platform designed to run specific workloads.
If you’re ready to consider how the cloud as a platform can improve business efficiency and drive your business growth strategy, take a deeper look at what swift has to offer. With Office 365 you get the benefits of a platform without having to assemble one yourself. As a Microsoft Certified Partner with more than 18 years of experience, you can rely on us to handle your migration quickly, competently, intelligently, tailoring our solutions to your business needs.
No matter which services you choose, the time to start thinking big about the cloud is now.